Tuesday 23 December 2014

2014 Review

Not too sure if I'm going to keep the GoDaddy site, so will be continuing my blog here.  2014 was a fairly typical year.  Most of my time was devoted to 4 main clients in the following industries:
  • Financial: 57%
  • Mining: 20%
  • Forestry: 9%
  • Pulp Mill: 9%
  • Everything Else: 5%
As for tools, MS Access still played a majority role in my work, followed by SQL Server and ASP.NET.

Back in September, I got my first Microsoft Certification.

I passed exam 70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012.  That gives me the title of Microsoft Certified Professional.  The plan is to pass two more SQL Server exams to get a MSCA: SQL Server status.






Looks like in 2015 I'll be doing quite a bit more work for a local pulp mill.  Their main programmer moved to Alberta so I was asked to take over his responsibilities.  I'm not sure how much work that will entail long term, but I'm excited to be able to help.  Looks like I'll be doing a lot more work in the ASP.NET field, rather than MS Access which will be a nice change.  Also, being able to visit a client regularly instead of remotely is a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment